Write back

Today I decided to write back to my penpal in Japan – I liberated from a fellow inhabitant of this home a stamp showing a dude called Ho Nee Yeath Taw No Row – which is a commemerative stamp, to put along side the pre-stickied and boring “normal” stamps showing two different buildings. (Remember I have to use three domestic stamps to send internationally until after Jan. 17th ) And I got to play with my new stationary!

I discovered that it’s actually made from cotton paper – put out by Crane & Co. a company that has apparently been in operation for more then 200 years, and who makes paper that is used to print the paper currency for the USA! I didn’t realise I was buying something with such history while I was at the store. I do wonder a bit about the environmentally friendly claims the company makes – growing cotton uses up an awful lot of water, after all, – but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

And then I wrote two (ecru coloured cotton paper) pages to my penpal, about some of the things I’ve been up to since I last wrote to her before Christmas. I didn’t have a lot to say, but there’s always something – despite the fact that she lives waaaay over there in Japan, we seem to have a lot in common.

I think I should get a fancier pen, to go with my nice stationary, don’t you?